It’s June 21st which means one thing – the Summer Solstice!
Occurring twice annually (once for each hemisphere), the Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year, when the sun reaches its highest position in the sky.
Today, the Earth’s North Pole has its maximum tilt towards the Sun, meaning the Northern Hemisphere has its longest period of daylight.
In the Arctic Circle, there is continuous daylight on the Summer Solstice, so it doesn’t get dark at all – even at night!
If you want to celebrate the Summer Solstice on social media, here are some quotes, sayings and captions to use…
Famous Summer Solstice quotes
- “Here comes the sun, and I say it’s all right.” – The Beatles, ‘Here Comes The Sun‘
- “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “One way of celebrating the Solstice is to consider it a sacred time of reflection, release, restoration, and renewal.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” – Steve Martin
- “Both the Winter and the Summer Solstices are expressions of love. They show us the opposition of light and dark, expansion and contraction, that characterize our experiences in the Earth school so that we can recognize our options as we move through our lives.” – Gary Zukav
- “You are my sunshine. My only sunshine.” – Johnny Cash, ‘You Are My Sunshine‘
- “Sunshine will guide your heart even on the most darkest of days.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
- “When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
- “This is the solstice, the still point of the sun, its cusp and midnight, the year’s threshold and unlocking, where the past lets go of and becomes the future; the place of caught breath, the door of a vanished house left ajar.” – Margaret Atwood
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
- “The great gift of the energy of the summer solstice is that it’s designed to move you from one phase to the next on your terms.” – Deborah King
- “May the long time sun shine upon you all love surround you, and the pure light within you guide your way on.” – Snatam Kaur
- “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Not only is it summer solstice, there is a full moon. May love surround you like sunshine on a sunny day.” – William Shakespeare
Best Summer Instagram captions
- Sun’s out, fun’s out.
- What time is it? Summer time!
- Living for these summer days.
- Blue skies, sunshine, everything is fine.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- Eat. Sleep. Beach. Repeat.
- Less Monday, more summer.
- Sunshine is the best medicine.
- High tides and good vibes.
- Summer time and I am feeling fine.
- Just sandy skin and summer smiles.
- Summer nights and city lights.
Happy Summer Solstice wishes, greetings and sayings
Usually, people simple say “Happy Solstice” to celebrate the longest day of the year, but other’s may say “Happy Litha” which is the pagan name for the day. Here are some more wishes, greetings and sayings:
- Happy Summer Solstice! Let’s welcome the summer days and may they spread sunshine in your life.
- Enjoy the sun that is now out and cherish it so that it can move eternally into your heart.
- The warm weather has arrived. May we have brighter days to come. Happy Summer Solstice!
- Wishing you all a great start to the summer season. Happy Litha!
- Let the energy of the summer solstice help you to balance, release, recharge.
- Let every dawn be to you as the beginning of life, and every setting sun be to you as its close.
- Happy Summer Solstice! Wishing you a happy longest day of the year.
- The summer night is like a perfection of thought.