News

Lithium-ion battery pops, sparks hearth at Madison dwelling


Madison fire vehicle decal generic
WISC-TV/Channel3000.com

MADISON, Wis. — A lithium-ion battery sparked a hearth at a Madison dwelling early Saturday morning.

Firefighters have been despatched to the 5200 block of Harbor Court simply after 3:30 a.m. A resident was woken up by a loud popping noise in his bed room. A lithium-ion battery, which was on a charger that was plugged right into a wall outlet, could possibly be seen popping, sparking and smoking.

Officials stated the resident ran downstairs and alerted the remainder of his household. Family members used dry chemical hearth extinguishers to attempt to put out the flames however have been unsuccessful. They evacuated the house and referred to as 911.

Firefighters arriving on the scene might see smoke coming from a second-story window. They moved into the room and extinguished the fireplace. The room was broken by smoke and hearth, and smoke injury prolonged to the remainder of the second ground. No accidents have been reported.




Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.